Saturday, August 7, 2010

Simple request

unaccomplished
alone
naked in a swarm of maggots as my soul simply tries to rot in peace
discontented by the slings and arrows that tore me assunder
discontented by a death that was birthed by someone else

why must my heart hurt for others misfourtuune
why must my hand be slapped for others misdeeds
this death was meant for them not I

It wasn't me who stole from you in the early years
It wasn't me who killed you're son
It wasn't me who ignored you for so long that you thought I was deaf
It wasn't me but I must go on draped in their garb and surrounded by the smell of their demise

I simply ask you give me the strength to pull my helmet snug and fight my way through their drauma and malign misfourtune.

a simple request but one that carries the burden of a thousand generations with it

No comments:

Post a Comment